Even before COVID-19, all dental offices were required to maintain strict hygiene practices and already follow OSHA standards for cleaning and sanitizing everything with EPA-approved disinfectants specially designed for use in a healthcare setting to kill viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
For added protection, we are now following the recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association with added the following steps:
- Screening Patients and Staff Upon Arrival to Our Offices - Our staff wears personal protective equipment when in the office to care for patients. Still, we additionally screen our staff for fevers and symptoms every day upon arrival to work. We log their temperatures daily and have a strict process to follow for employees whose temperatures are out of range. We also screen all patients and visitors for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entering our offices (even though we’ve already screened them over the phone before scheduling their appointment).
- Face Masks or Coverings Worn at All Visits - In order to protect our patients and staff, we are asking that everyone abide by the NYS Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and Governor Cuomo’s executive order that everyone wears a face covering to places where social distancing is challenging to maintain, including our dental office. This applies to people over age two who can “medically tolerate” a mask or face covering. We ask that all people come to our office or facility wear a face mask or nose and mouth cover and that you wear the mask upon arrival and at all times when in our facility.
- Spacing Out Appointments - Your safety is our No. 1 priority here at Levy Dental Arts. We’ve spaced out the time between appointments, and we’re not allowing patients to have visitors or to have people with them during appointments, with limited exceptions.
- Limitations on Visitors - We also ask patients have only one visitor with them during appointments as necessary, and this person must wear a mask as well. Some offices, due to their populations of patients and the type of care they provide, have even stricter visitor policies. Before coming to your appointment, please be sure to check with the office to see if you are permitted to bring a visitor with you. We understand some people need assistance getting to and during their appointments. Rest assured, if medically necessary, we can make accommodations. Please be sure your visitor follows the guidelines we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Social Distancing - Stay at least 6 feet (about two arms’ length) from other people.
- Clean and safe environment - We’ve further enhanced our cleaning efforts to disinfect and sanitize all high-touch and public areas. We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting the waiting area, patient rooms, countertops, doorknobs, and all common areas with our state-of-the-art Electrostatic Fog Machine that uses CDC & FDA approved antimicrobial disinfectants to clean, deodorize and sanitize.